Tuesday, May 31, 2011

21st Century Heroes

Above is cartoon I saw last month, in and around the time the SEALS got Bin Laden (duh!).  I just thought it was cool, so when anna picked the theme for this month, I thought I would do my own version of the piece. Just got informed that the artist of the original piece is J.D. Crowe.  It's such a powerful piece.

Turned out referencing these two guys was pretty tuff, couldn't find the same Helmet that's in the original one, but while looking I saw that the SEALS also used another hat so I thought I'd use that one (I was also pressed for time).  This is just my interpretation is all.  I put the two towers in the BG cause thats pretty much what I saw when I looked at the original, it's almost like America is complete again... I dunno, The cartoon really worked for me, just hope I did some kind of justice to it.




Kinda found the time to do this one from my breaks away from complete frustration, went back to pencilling a few pages l8ly for my folio and one day it just wouldnt click (one of those days), I didn't give, I just turned to the monthly post for a breather. I kinda feel like moving away from something can usually lead to a break through as well, so here's hoping the breakthrough will come... still waiting.


 I'll post those pages I'm pencilling up asap.


Also go check out the rest of the posts for this month here http://collectivethinkingblog.blogspot.com/ . theres a few up already and there will be more before the end of the day.


L8rs

3 comments:

Dave said...

interesting work ben, you're improving yourself day by day..

Jon said...

Source on the original:

https://zone.artizans.com/image/CRO2062/9-11-hero-thanks-navy-seal-hero-color/

Bennessy said...

Cheers Jon!